20090113

Promdi Manager

People... one of the most difficult to manage amongst the resources of an organization.
.
I was team-member before and played my part. But I craved for more.
.
I tried to lead. But I guess it was not enough.
.
I dreamed to have a management job and landed the post. But I observed the title itself was not enough.
.@
I studied. A bachelor's degree in in business. But I felt it was not enough.
.
Again, I studied. Not really wanting to, but earned a master's degree in management. It helped. But once again, being learned is not enough.
.
It takes a lot, a combination of a different things, to become an effective manager. I am no expert on the over-all aspect of management. But having almost two decades of experience in various organizations, most of which involves leading and motivating people, I believe I can share a thought or two about management.
.
In my own little world, as a boy coming from the province, managing people and organization was just a dream before. When the challenge that came with the position finally fell into my lap, I knew I needed to hone my craft. And I still do. (Promdi- is a term referring to a person who originated from the province)
@@@@
This will be about my experiences. Cross-referencing well known management and business book authors, current empire icons as well as CEO's of various corporations.
****
I have moved from one organization to another. Have worked in different locations - the province, the cities and in different countries. I have made friends... and enemies along the way. This, I can share. Not everything is a bed of flowers. It has thorns as well.
&&&&
With my personal management mantra of 'Motivating by Understanding' this blog may focus on human behavior and understanding individuals. I believe we can best motivate people and make them work for the organization (as a team) if we understand them - their behaviors, their motivating factors, their cultures, beliefs, etc.
****.
All this, I would like to share...
**&&
-The Manager from the Province
------
.